If so, Well done. Google It is one of the greatest sources of knowledge. And not just because of your web search, also as an image finder, blog blogs, maps, alerts… If you also have knowledge of English, your answers expand, because the sum ravages. Google will move you to Wikipedia, to YouTube, to the millions of blogs in the world, to social networks, online press, to thematic websites…
I only see a but. And it is that we are many who we don't know how to use the Google metasearcher correctly. It is not the same to look for Lateral Consulting than to “Lateral Consulting”. In the first case we will have more than 1 million responses, most not related. In the second case we will have little more than 3.000 but totally related. Test with your or your company's name.
- AND: by default Google launches in search of results by joining the words entered by the user using this operator. So the end result of a search without specifying anything or using the AND operator will be the results that contain both specified words list. Searches “used AND cars” Or “Used cars” will get the same results, a list of Web sites that contain the word cars and the word occasion.
- OR or symbol "|" : If you want to specify that the two words do not need to appear in each search result, but each of them separately, you must specify the OR operator among the terms that must meet this criterion. “used OR cars” now you will get a list of websites that contain the term cars or occasion.
- The operator – : Exclude search results. It must be specified before the term to be ignored so that results that do not contain the specified word are searched. “Cars – occasion” search for Web sites that contain the word car but not occasion.
- Operators can be assigned different scopes by bracketing them: “(OR motorcycle cars) AND occasion” will search for all the Websites that contain the word cars or motorcycles and with either of these two it is essential that occasion appears.
- “site:nombre_del_sitio words to search for”, Search only on this site.
- “site:es.wikipedia.org mathematics”, searches for all pages that contain the word “mathematics” Inside the web https://es.wikipedia.org. A site can be queried even when it doesn't work by clicking the “cache” next to each search result.
- If one puts “Defines:” followed by a word (e.g.: Defines:Human body) Search for definitions and encyclopedic texts on that topic.
- Using “cache:” before a URL, we will be shown the contents of the Google cache (This is useful at times when for some reason an address is temporarily inaccessible.).
- If we type “filetype:” followed by a file extension will search for pages containing the extension of that file. For example: Filetype University:.doc
Convinced that everything leaves a mark, I help companies better connect with their stakeholders through personal branding programs (personal brand management) and employee advocacy (programs of branded internal ambassadors).
Socio of Soymimarca's Integra Personal Branding, Brand Directory of Omnia Branding, I also collaborate with Ponte en Valor, Brandergizers, MoreThanLaw, Noema Consulting and Quifer Consultores.
I participate in various programs at IESE, ISDI and EAE, among others. Collegiate advertising, Master in Marketing. Humanities Degree Student.
My advertising DNA comes from 20 years in agencies: Time/BBDO, J.W.T., Bassat Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, Altraforma and TVLowCost among others.