I'm already moving you that a healthy personal brand isn't about having a lot of followers on social media. Although it's not incompatible with that either..
There are some signs, often imperceptible in our day-to-day, indicating that we are making adequate progress.
On the contrary, a disease very typical of the Latin environment, known as #NoFeedback, prevents us from understanding the good or bad pace of our personal brand. Bosses don't give feedback to their teams or teams to their bosses. But with feedback everything is progress, because we can reinforce the positive and minimize or correct the negative.
Here are 10 atypical signs (but true) of a healthy personal brand
- You're a crack (or so they say). Your group of friends meets every six months and several people agree to tell you that you are crack from ............………..... (put your specialty here). You'll find it banal, but it's more important than you think: you've been identified as a specialist with a value proposition clear and robust.
- Your mother knows what you do.. And not only that, gets you customers. If you're Community Manager (For example) And your mother understands what you do, Prize. Read the dot 1. You're a crack, your mother already said it..
- You're devirtualized on top. People you meet on social media want to meet you personally. Attend your presentations, you too to yours, or they send you messages for coffee and devirtualize you (swearing again that refers to moving from the bit world to the atom world).
- Don't be ordinary. You go from the ordinary to the extraordinary. You do things that are normal for you, but the people around you consider it a milestone. And you've never given it any importance..
- Morriña syndrome. When you're some time out of doing something you usually did, your environment asks if you're okay, if anything happens to you.
- Muhammad and the mountain. You're used to looking for customers, and all of a sudden it's the customers looking for you. And not only that, they also find you (healthy personal brand symptom and impeccable SEO).
- Your inner Bucay/Coelho. You need Bucay and Paulo Coelho less and less to motivate you. You've learned to do it alone and have your environment do it for you. Never leave your life in the hands of the phrases Mr. Wonderful you find on Facebook, Google, Pinterest...
- Walker, yes there's way. You learn how to know your compass and make your way north. It's taken you years to get it., but now you can make quick decisions, Accurate, and without consulting too much with the oracle (nor with GPS).
- Chic@ for everything. My grandfather used to tell me that if you want someone to do something, take care of a busy person. When in the office or in your daily work they count on you for any beating, means you've become an informal leader. I agree, you don't get paid for it, but you're influencing from head to toe. And that, in the future, is charged.
- It's your touch.. And you thought you didn't have any numbers.. You've been chosen, Yes. It's you. You close your eyes and reopen them, you pinch yourser, it's about you... have you thought it's not luck? Did you think maybe you deserved it.?
Magnificent summary Ana Reyes And Fran Segarra for helping me with your ideas to write these 10 signs of a healthy personal brand.
Image by Shutterstock.com
Convinced that everything leaves a mark, I help companies better connect with their stakeholders through personal branding programs (personal brand management) and employee advocacy (programs of branded internal ambassadors).
Socio of Soymimarca's Integra Personal Branding, Brand Directory of Omnia Branding, I also collaborate with Ponte en Valor, Brandergizers, MoreThanLaw, Noema Consulting and Quifer Consultores.
I participate in various programs at IESE, ISDI and EAE, among others. Collegiate advertising, Master in Marketing. Humanities Degree Student.
My advertising DNA comes from 20 years in agencies: Time/BBDO, J.W.T., Bassat Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, Altraforma and TVLowCost among others.
23 thoughts on "Signals (no KPI's) of a healthy personal brand”
Notable Guillem summary!! I think I'm on track.!! With your permission I'll share it
Thank you very much Gabriel! Greetings from Barcelona! You know you don't need permission to share it. (Creatives Commons licenses have these advantages).
I keep it for rereading., I loved it!!
Hello Anne! Occasionally it's okay to escape the “Tyranny” metrics to lead to concepts of everyday life that often go unnoticed. A hug and thank you for the comment!
Very good article and very well focused… I really liked it. It couldn't be better!
Thank you Rocío! You know they say everything is improveable., but it's written from the mood, heart and collaboration with two good friends.
Blah, Blah, Blah…
More of the same…
hahaha, Lie, quite the opposite, good examples and better tips.
Thank you and a cordial greeting!!
You scared me., Javier! Jajajaa, I see you're aligned with me with the acid humor thing.! Thank you for the review!
Excellent article. Greetings from Dominican Republic.
Thank you Rosa! An honor to be read to me from the pretty island! Thank you for your feedback!
I love this combination of "healthy personal brand", perfectly explains the concept.
Guillem, a pleasure to read to you always.
Thank you Laia, I take your word for it but I reverse the meaning: to keep making others shine!
Hello Guillem a pleasure to read to you, follow you and this one in particular this one from Wonders !
Super Healthy !, haha !
A hug !
A thousand thanks Gustavo! You know I like to go out on the tangent. A greeting!
I think after reading this article, more than un@ will have to rethink his stardy.
That's Anabel, the best indicators have always been very close to us and we haven't been able to appreciate them. Thank you for the review! Best regards!
Excellent post. Concise and to the point.
I have another KPI (which is actually two). “Passionate and authentic”. You love what you do, what you talk about and share with passion and authenticity and that feels for others, the contagions.
True Nelson! Passion and authenticity already consider them an inherent part of the personal brand. A thousand thanks for visiting and leaving your mark on my little virtual home, it's such an honor for me. Obrigado!
Thank you Guillem for sharing your knowledge. A hug.
Fantastic decalogue, Guillem!
I loved it from the first paragraph and it has made me (Are)Laugh.
Greetings from Andorra.
Thank you Anne! Occasionally you have to remove iron from things while still contributing a little. Greetings from very close!
Infinite thanks. The reality is that it's always simpler with simple words and language outside of technicalities, especially for those of us who start. I really like your style directly and without snmaging. Greetings from CDMX
Thank you, Alma, for your comment. A while ago I was where you are., and needed clarity first and foremost. A greeting from Barcelona!
Basic information on data protection
Responsible » Guillem Recolons Argenter
Purpose » Management of doubts and customer services
Legitimation » Consent of the interested party
Rights » You have the right to access, rectify and delete data, as well as other rights, as explained in the additional information
Additional information » You can consult additional and detailed information on Personal Data Protection on my website guillemrecolons.com